Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cambodia

Cambodia, Free Write
Vickie Pantle
16, June 2012

I don't know how to go back. 

I don't know how to settle back to the life I had before I knew.

I would leave now if I could. I just want to help, in any way that I can. I'm sick of this life view. People are dying. Lives are being taken. This life I knew seems so shallow, so pointless. 

My heart is in this foreign country, this place, and yet I'm still in the States. Still here, living this life. Hoping, dreaming, praying with all that I have, all I am, that there will be change in this world. That those girls will be set free, that the pain and hurt that they have each and every day, every hour, will end. That they will be freed. Not only freed, but rescued. 

That they will be given a new life, a new light, a new hope. That they will know that they have worth, that they are worth so much more. Worth more than the little money they are purchased for. Worth more than what they are sold for, that they, in fact, are priceless. 

People by and sell, as if life can have a price tag, as if life is a trade, as if a life can have a purchased, then sold, as if a life could have a dollar value.

No comments:

Post a Comment